XMR created a race / challenge that changed the whole concept of running. We want our event to encourage and challenge you to get out and do something that may not be, your everyday life style. We want to motivate you to get off the couch and get outside to do something healthy. Maybe it’s walking, jogging, running, rollerblading or maybe it’s shooting some hoops with your family. Whatever it is that one chooses, we want it to give the feeling of accomplishment.
Running is a sport, and by some considered to be a very dull and boring sport. By others it’s the next best thing, next to sliced bread. Whatever opinion you may have, ask yourself this, “What if I had to climb, crawl, jump, tread water, and get MUDDY?” Mmmmm! How would that affect the daily grind of running? We believe it changes the whole concept into an adventure. Yes, that’s right! An ADVENTURE!
So the questions is simple, are you Xtreme? Yes, No, Not really sure! No problem, our challenge course is designed to create an exciting, safe experience for both the physically fit and the not so physically fit. Any person or participant can be challenged as much or as little as one would choose. Keep in mind all participants will compete at different levels and speeds including a combination of running, jogging and walking.
Keeping the concept of fun and adventure, we also wanted to stress safety. (No one wants to go home injured) That’s why our course has been designed to accommodate all types of athletes. By limiting the number of participants in each race wave it will eliminate congestion while running and waiting in lines at obstacles. We want your experience to be Xtreme but comfortable. You will be able to run our course with your family, friends and/or co-workers without feeling like you are running on top of each other.
This IS and WILL be the, “Toughest Mud You’ll Ever Love”!
Race Details - Q's and A's
Sat: 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 1:00
NOTE: If you are planning on running our 13 Mile CLUB 247, you need to register for either the 9:00, 9:30, or 10:00 wave as this grueling course will take trained athletes between 6 and 8 hours especially when running as a group.
Rules & Guidelines
These are intended to create a family fun and safe event for both participants and spectators.
- Participants must abide by all rules and instructions given from the event director, staff, volunteers, medical and law enforcement personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Xtreme Muck Ruck is an extreme and challenging event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be 5-8 years old to participate in the Mini-Muck or 9-13 years of age to participate in the Junior-Muck or 14 years-old or older on race day in order to participate in the Xtreme Muck Ruck. All persons 17 years of age or younger MUST have guardian or parent with them upon sign in.
- Xtreme Muck Ruck will have videographers and photographers stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event producer Timberland Marketing and Consultants Incorporated to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Participants or spectators are not allowed to use motorized vehicles such as 4x4, ATV, Dirt bikes etc. during this event. (Event staff and Emergency vehicles do not apply)
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed "on" the course.
- Any participant found not following the rules set forth will be escorted from the event premises without refund.
Xtreme Muck Ruck brings you mud, beer, music, food and now, XTREME CAMPING.
Gather your friends, family and co-workers. Pack your tent, load your RV. Pack your sleeping bags, camping chairs, ice down your coolers, grab your sun lotion and get ready to enjoy the most amazing weekend under the open skies.
During the day you will run our course, play in the mud, eat and drink amazing food, and listen to music. At night it’s time to gather your friends, share your stories, laugh with your fellow mud racers, make new friends and share an ice cold drink all while enjoying the XMR blazing fire. Make this the most XTREME weekend that you will have all summer.
XMR weekend Camping Package Includes
· Tent camping $40.00 / RV and Trailer camping $60.00 / Approximately 30x30 area site will hold up to 2 tents and 30x40 spots for RV's
· 4 Adult XMR camping (Kids are FREE)
· 1 XMR Parking pass (Only 1 vehicle allowed per campsite, additional vehicles must pay parking fee and utilize the public parking area to minimize congestion)
· Friday night free XMR BBQ from 8-9PM
· Outside drink is allowed within XMR Camping area, although fresh water is available on site
· Outside food and drink will not be allowed outside of XMR Camping area at any time
· There will be no tent or RV rentals available. XMR Campers need to bring their own.
· XMR Camping Package is for Friday and Saturday night regardless # of nights you stay.
· All camp sites will be occupied on first come first filled basis.
· No GLASS containers or bottles allowed Period on course
· All trash and debris must be disposed of in trash bins
· No underage drinking will be tolerated.
· No illegal drugs allowed.
· Respect your neighbor and others around you. ZERO TOLERANCE ENFORCED.
· No refunds will be granted if you are asked to leave the property
· Check in hours will start Friday at 12PM
· Check out time will be by Sunday night 6PM.
Participants / Spectators:
The participant will need to be able to run, crawl, slither, hang, walk and tread knee to chest deep water. Oh Yah! You must be able to get muddy. Our obstacles and our courses will challenge the most fit athlete, and test the best of all around fitness. However if you are someone that is determined and has perseverance then you should be able to complete our course. Mental preparation and determination will be required.
Q. Who can participate in this event?
A. Any person that is 14 years of age or older. All persons under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent and or guardian with them.
Q. As a spectator what can I see during the event?
A. All spectators will be able to participate in the entertainment during the day. There will be a viewing area at the starting and finishing gates. Also some obstacles will allow spectators a viewing area. Spectators will be required to walk to the viewing areas.
Q. Can I bring my camera or video camera?
A. Yes you are welcome and encouraged to take photos and video.
Q. Can I come and just watch the event?
A. Yes, we encourage spectators to come out and cheer on the participants.
Q. What if I get hungry and thirsty?
A. We will have food vendors on site as well as beverages available for a cost.
Q. What should I wear?
A. You will be running, crawling, jumping, and climbing. I would make sure you are dressed comfortable and make sure you have good foot wear on. Keep in mind you will get wet, dirty and very muddy.
Q. What should I bring?
A. Clothes to run the course in, change of clothes for after the course, a towel, pictured ID, money, friends and family. You may also want to bring a lawn chair or a blanket of some sort to sit on to watch the entertainment.
Q. How about medical personnel in the event I get hurt?
A. We will have trained medical personnel on site during the event. All cost related to medical treatment will be your responsibility.
Q. Can I bring my pet with me?
A. You may bring your pet, however all pets (Including cats) must be on a 6 Foot (or shorter) leash. All pet owners are responsible to clean up after their pets and dispose of the waist properly. If a pet is being of a nuisance, the pet and or the owner will be asked to leave without any refund.
Q. Do I need to be able to swim?
A. Ability to swim is recommended but may not be necessary. The obstacles that involve, water, will be waist to chest deep. Absolutely NO DIVING is permitted at ANY obstacle on the course for strict personal safety reasons.
Q. How many obstacles will there be?
A. Each event will vary based on the terrain and the location but there will be between 15-36 obstacles either being man made or natural depending on the course length you chose to run.
Q. How hard are the obstacles?
A. Think....XTREME MUCK RUCK! I’m betting that the obstacles and the course will be XTREME!
Q. How hard are the obstacles?
A. Our obstacles will be Xtreme! However, our obstacles are designed to challenge you but are designed in a manner that any participant can complete with the help from others. We highly encourage team work and helping each other to complete our course. You will face obstacles that will have you climbing, crawling, jumping, treading water, and getting MUDDY!
Q. What is the cost for this event?
A. The cost to register and participate is $85 per person. The rate will increase as it gets closer to the event. Be sure to sign up early to save money.
Q. Can I get a refund if I change my mind and decided not to participate in the event?
A. No! No refunds will be given. In some circumstances we can credit the fee to another race date.
Q. Do you offer Military, Police, Fire or EMS Discounts?
A. Yes! We offer a discount! A special prorated discount that saves you $20 is available when you select the proper "drop-down" during registration for the discount to apply. Proper ID at the day of the event is required. If no ID is provided, registrant must pay the balance of the discount per the registration fee at the date of initial registration. A DD-214 form will also be accepted as proof of ID for retired and discharged personnel.
Q. What is included in my registration?
A. Every participant will get a Xtreme t-shirt, a Xtreme medal, a free ice cold beer (pop/water under 21), free music, and be able to take part in other activities on site as well as the Xtreme satisfaction of supporting our sponsored soldier and his/her family. All participants that receive a free beer must be 21 years of age or older. Or participants can receive a free pop. (DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. DRINK RESPONSIBLY)
Q. When will I get my event information?
A. Once you register and pay, you will receive an email confirmation. Also when you arrive at the event you will be able to pick up your race packet at the registration tent.
Q. Can I pick up another participants race packet?
A. No, all participants must pick up their own race packet. Each participant will be required to show a picture ID and sign our waiver in presence of event staff. All participants under age of 18 must be accompanied by their guardian and or parent. If no picture ID is available for the minor, a COPY of the Birth Certificate will be required.
Q. Where do we park?
A. Parking will be available at the event. Be sure to follow directions from parking attendant upon arrival.
Q. Does it cost to park?
A. The facility parking fee will be $20 (Cash) per car or truck. Depending on location, parking fees may change. If parking fees differ they will be clearly noted under the "Race & Locations" page.